Am I eligible to register?
You are eligible to register for the OET if you meet the requirements mentioned below:
- You are 35 years or below in age.
You have completed 3 years of Graduation (12+3 years) in an University approved stream in India : (Arts, Commerce, Science, Computers, BMM, BMS, BE, Catering, etc….)
- You are appearing for your last semester or Third year Graduation in the present Academic year.
In this last case, should you be selected for the XIC Course of your choice, and successfully complete it in keeping with the Academic, Attendance and other standards laid down by XIC, the Diploma will be awarded only on completion of your Graduation and on production of the relevant attested Final mark-sheet of your graduation.
Eligibility for AICP
- A Graduate in any discipline and Work experience of 2 years in a non-staff function (executive or supervisory function desired).
- Organizational sponsorship for this program preferred but not compulsory. However a letter from the organization shall be required stating that they are aware of your joining this program.
Registration Fees: Rs.3500/- (inclusive of GST)
Registration Fees for the AICP course Rs.2500/- (inclusive of GST)
Registration: 19th April to 19th May, 2021
Selections will be based on the Objective test, Subjective test and Personal Interview.
If I fulfill the above mentioned criteria, what is the next stage?
REGISTER for the XIC "ONLINE ENTRANCE TEST" (OET)
The OET process requires you to appear for an ONLINE TEST, the duration of which is 90 MINUTES - In view of the prevailing situation in the country caused by the Covid 19 Virus and keeping in mind your travel and safety issues, the management has decided to opt for conducting the OET from home (from wherever you are located).
How can I register for the online entrance test (OET)?
For a trouble- free Registration process please follow these steps:
- Since payments can be made by using your Bank DEBIT or CREDIT Cards, please ensure that these Cards are NET- BANKING ENABLED. If you are unsure, kindly call up the bank concerned and request them to enable this facility for this transaction. After this is cleared with your bank, you may proceed to the NEXT step.
LOGIN to the XIC WEBSITE and click on REGISTER. www.xaviercomm.org
Before filling up the OET Registration Form Online, ENSURE that you keep a Scanned copy of a recent passport-size photograph of yourself ready for uploading.
- As part of the Registration Process, you have to provide us with your Statement of Purpose (SOP). If you qualify for the Personal Interview stage, it could be brought up for discussion. Hence, please give sufficient thought when putting your SOP together.
- Select your preferred OET Date.
- Now you can proceed and complete the payment procedure.
- FAILURE to upload your SCANNED PHOTOGRAPH or provide proper details, will not allow you to proceed further.
- On completion of your Registration, please note down your Application Number & store it safely.
- Your ADMIT CARD will be sent to you later on the E-mail ID mentioned in your Registration form. Therefore, ensure that you provide us with the correct personal EMAIL ID.
- Should you not receive your ADMIT CARD after the registration procedure please check your Junk/Spam Email Folders.
- Finally, please preserve it carefully. Only this document will be accepted in all further transactions between you and XIC.
What is the amount of the registration fee for the XIC OET?
The Registration fee for the OET is 3,500/- only (inclusive of prevailing G S T).
What can happen if my registration is not successful?
Please do not panic; glitches and mistakes could happen! Should you experience difficulty in registering successfully, you will be given instructions ONLINE, to enable you to fill up a FRESH Registration Form. You will also be issued a NEW Application Number.
Can I register for more than one course?
You may do so; though, not advisable!
A separate registration needs to be done for each course to apply for.
If you choose to do so, there could be a possibility that the computerized Registration Process could allot the same time slot to you, for both tests. Should this happen, please bring it to the attention of the Controller of OET at the XIC office on email at firstname.lastname@example.org so as to enable them to provide you with suitable alternatives.
Online Entrance Test
What would be the process and contents of the online entrance test?
The OET will be a 90 minute ONLINE Test carrying a TOTAL of 150 marks.
It will consist of TWO SECTIONS: OBJECTIVE and SUBJECTIVE.
The OBJECTIVE SECTION carries 100 marks, for duration of 60 minutes.
It will consist of questions based on Language Skills, General Knowledge and Knowledge of Media, Logical and Analytical skills.
The SUBJECTIVE SECTION carries 50 marks, for a duration of 30 minutes.
This section will consist of 3 questions which could be media related in order to assess creativity, social values, writing skills, etc. Some questions will also be related to the Course you are applying for.
NOTE: Answers containing unnecessary abbreviations or SMS language will not be assessed.
On the date and time that is mentioned in your admit card, 10 minutes prior to the test we will share the password and login details with you via email. Please do check your SPAM/JUNK folder in case you do not receive the email in your Inbox.
You will have to login and start the test immediately on receiving the login information. Access to the test will not be available 10 minutes past the start time of your allocated time slot.
You need to login using the password and give the 90 minutes test. The content of the 90 minutes test and how it goes has been explained to you in the admission procedures and the same is already mentioned on the admit cards.
How will I know whether I have qualified for the Personal Interview?
The list of the qualified candidates for the next level will be put up on the XIC website on 5th June, 2021. The details regarding the time / centre for the Personal interview will be sent to you via email.
IMPORTANT: "LIVE" Personal Interview" will be conducted at the MUMBAI CENTRE and DELHI CENTRE.
Candidates who have applied for PUBLIC RELATION & CORP. COMM. COURSE and are selected for the next level need to go through a Group Discussion (GD). Only those who qualify in the GD round will be qualified for the Personal Interview (PI).
OET will be conducted on the following dates.
You can choose the date you would like to appear for the OET on, after registration and payment.
21st, 22nd, 23rd, 28th, 29th and 30th May 2021.
Personal Interviews will be held at two centres on the following dates:
(These dates and centre are subject to change)
Interview Centres and Dates
|Mumbai Centre||:||11th, 12th & 13th June 2021|
|Delhi Centre||:||18th, 19th & 20th June 2021|
What happens after the Live Interview?
Wait patiently till 28th June 2021 (tentative date) for the RESULTS! Based on the overall performance, the final list of successful candidates will be drawn up this will be posted on the XIC Website.
Will a 'Wait List' be announced?
Yes. The Wait List will be announced tentatively on 12th July 2021 at approx. 4 p.m. on our website.
What will be the mode of payment of course fees for selected candidates?
The selected candidates will have to deposit their Course designated fees by 10th July 2021 by 4 p.m. The Procedure for payment of fees will be uploaded on the site.
In case of a 'No Show'
If the fees are not received by the XIC office within the stipulated period, it will be taken for granted that you wish to forego your seat. XIC will then approach the next in line on the Wait List, in order to fill the vacant seat.