Am I eligible to register?
You are eligible to register for the OET if you meet the requirements mentioned below:
- You are 35 years or below in age.
- You have completed 3 years of Graduation (12+3 years) in an University approved stream in India: (Arts, Commerce, Science, Computers, BMM, BMS, BE, Catering, etc.)
- You are appearing for your last semester or Third year Graduation in the present Academic year.
In this last case, should you be selected for the XIC Course of your choice, and successfully complete it in keeping with the Academic, Attendance and other standards laid down by XIC, the Diploma will be awarded only on completion of your Graduation and on production of the relevant attested Final mark-sheet of your graduation.
Eligibility for AICP
- A Graduate in any discipline and Work experience of 2 years in a non-staff function (executive or supervisory function desired).
- Organizational sponsorship for this program preferred but not compulsory. However a letter from the organization shall be required stating that they are aware of your joining this program.
Registration Fees: Rs. 2500
Registration: 1st April to 31st May, 2019
Selections will be based on Interviews. Interview date and time will be intimated shortly on this site.
If I fulfill the above mentioned criteria, what is the next stage?
Register for the XIC "ONLINE ENTRANCE TEST" (OET)
- The OET process requires you to appear for an ONLINE TEST, the duration of which is 90 MINUTES - at the Centre in the city of your choice.
- On completion of the ONLINE TEST, ONLY those who attain the minimum qualifying standard laid down by the XIC Academic Board, will be called upon to appear for a Personal Interview via a 'SKYPE' Video Interview. (S V I )
- This S V I will be conducted immediately after the completion of the Online Test; and at the same OET Centre.
How can I register for the online entrance test (OET)?
For a trouble-free Registration process please follow these steps:
- Since payments can be made by using your Bank DEBIT or CREDIT Cards, please ensure that these Cards are NET- BANKING ENABLED. If you are unsure, kindly call up the bank concerned and request them to enable this facility for this transaction. After this is cleared with your bank, you may proceed to the NEXT step.
- LOGIN to the XIC WEBSITE and click on REGISTER. www.xaviercomm.org Before filling up the OET Registration Form Online, ENSURE that you keep a Scanned copy of a recent passport-size photograph of yourself ready for uploading.
- As part of the Registration Process, you have to provide us with your Statement of Purpose (SOP). This Statement of Purpose is considered a personal document. If you qualify for the Personal Interview stage, it could be brought up for discussion. Hence, please give sufficient thought when putting your SOP together.
- Select your preferred Centre and Date.
Portfolio: A candidate is allowed to send only two of his/her best presentations (max. 10 MB) to their respective Course Co-ordinator's email id within 2 days after registration
Kindly note that if XIC does not receive the portfolios within 2 days after your registration it will not be considered as a valid attachment to your application form.
Public Relations & Corp. Comm. : firstname.lastname@example.org Advt. & Mktg. Comm. : email@example.com Film, Television & Digital Video Production : firstname.lastname@example.org Journalism & Mass Comm. : email@example.com
In the "Subject" of this email, please note down your REGISTRATION NO., date and centre.
In the first line of your mail, please type your Name in BOLD. (as given in the Application Form). Rewrite your REGISTRATION No., date and centre.
- Now you can proceed and complete the payment procedure.
- FAILURE to upload your SCANNED PHOTOGRAPH or provide proper details, will not allow you to proceed further.
- On completion of your Registration, please note down your Application Number & store it safely.
- Your ADMIT CARD will be sent to you later on the E-mail ID mentioned in your Registration form. Therefore, ensure that you provide us with an authentic E-MAIL ID. Should you not receive the ADMIT CARD after the registration procedure please check you Junk/Spam Email Folders.
- Finally, please PRINT YOUR ADMIT CARD and preserve it carefully. Only this document will be accepted in all further transactions between you and XIC.
What is the amount of the registration fee for the XIC OET?
The Registration fee for the OET is 3,500/- only (inclusive of prevailing G S T).
What can happen if my registration is not successful?
Please do not panic; glitches and mistakes could happen! Should you experience difficulty in registering successfully, you will be given instructions ONLINE, to enable you to fill up a FRESH Registration Form. You will also be issued a NEW Application Number.
Can I register for more than one course?
You may do so; though, not advisable!
A separate registration needs to be done in case one wishes to attempt the Entrance Test in more than one course.
If you choose to do so, there could be a possibility that the computerized Registration Process could allot the same time slot to you, for both tests. Should this happen, please bring it to the attention of the Controller of OET at the XIC office on email at firstname.lastname@example.org so as to enable them to provide you with suitable alternatives.
Online Entrance Test
What would be the process and contents of the online entrance test?
The OET will be a 90 minute ONLINE Test carrying a TOTAL of 150 marks.
It will consist of TWO SECTIONS: OBJECTIVE and SUBJECTIVE.
The OBJECTIVE SECTION carries 100 marks. It is for duration of 60 minutes.
It will consist of questions based on Language Skills, General Knowledge and Knowledge of Media, Logical and Analytical skills.
The SUBJECTIVE SECTION carries 50 marks. It is for a duration of 30 minutes.
This section will consist of 3 questions which could be media related in order to assess creativity, social values, writing skills, etc. Some questions will also be related to the Course you are applying for.
NOTE: Answers containing unnecessary abbreviations or SMS language will not be assessed.
How will I know whether I have qualified for the 'Skype Video Interview' (SVI)?
Candidates who qualify for the "Skype Video Interview" (SVI) will be intimated by the Test Supervisor IMMEDIATELY on completion of the ONLINE TEST.
These candidates will need to make arrangements to stay back / wait for an added hour (at least) till the "Skype Video Interview" takes place.
- IMPORTANT: "SKYPE VIDEO INTERVIEW" will be conducted for candidates applying for the Journalism (JR), Advertising (AM) and Film & TV (FT) Courses (ONLY).
- The P.I. via "Skype Video Interview" will NOT APPLY TO CANDIDATES applying for the OET at the MUMBAI CENTRE. At this Centre, the successful candidates obtaining minimum qualification standard in the OET will be informed about appearing for a "LIVE" Personal Interview immediately after the TEST.
- Candidates applying for Advt. & Mktg. Comm. and Film, Television Course and appearing for the OET at the DELHI CENTRE and obtaining the minimum qualification standard in the OET will be informed about appearing for a "LIVE" Personal Interview immediately, on completion of the Online Entrance Test, at the same centre.
- Candidates applying for PUBLIC RELATION & CORP. COMM. COURSE and appearing for the OET at the MUMBAI and DELHI CENTRE and obtaining the minimum qualification standard in the OET will be informed about appearing for a Group Discussion(GD) and "LIVE" Personal Interview (PI) if qualified after GD immediately, on completion of the Online Entrance Test, at the same centre
Candidates applying for PUBLIC RELATION & CORP. COMM. COURSE and appearing for the OET from the PUNE, BENGALURU AND KOLKATTA centres and obtaining the minimum qualification standard in the OET will be informed and invited to XIC, Mumbai Centre for a Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) if qualified after GD. The dates for the GD/PI for these centres are mentioned below:
OET Date and Centre Date for GD / PI and Centre 28th April 2019, Kolkatta 5th May 2019, XIC Mumbai 28th April 2019, Bengaluru 5th May 2019, XIC Mumbai 5th May 2019, Pune 12th May 2019, XIC Mumbai
What happens after the 'Skype Video / Live Interview'?
Wait patiently till May 25, 2019 (tentative date) for the RESULTS! Based on the overall performance, the final list of successful candidates will be drawn up this will be posted on the XIC Website and the XIC Notice Boards.
Will a 'Wait List' be announced?
Yes. The Wait List will be announced tentatively on June 7th, 2019 at approx. 4 p.m. on our website.
What will be the mode of payment of course fees for selected candidates?
The selected candidates will have to deposit their Course designated fees by June 6th, 2019 by 4 p.m. The Procedure for payment of fees will be uploaded on the site.
In case of a 'No Show'
If the fees are not received by the XIC office within the stipulated period, it will be taken for granted that you wish to forego your seat. XIC will then approach the next in line on the Wait List, in order to fill the vacant seat.
When and where will the XIC OETs be conducted?
OET Centres and Dates
For Further Assistance
Contact XIC Office - The HUB
|Phone||:||+91.22.2262 1366 / 1639|
|Monday to Saturday||:||10.30 am - 1.00 pm & 2.00 pm - 5.00 pm.|
XIC Office WILL REMAIN CLOSED on the following days:
- April 6th, 2019 Gudi Padwa
- April 18th, 2019 Maundy Thursday (half day)
- April 19th, 2019 Good Friday
- May 1st, 2019 Maharashtra Day